Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Last night's VP debate

A more general discussion that answers J's comment.

The debate was a pretty good one, I thought, especially considering I've never really sat through one before. It was interesting enough that I didn't end up flipping to "The Simpsons". Cheney had the calmer demeanor, but then, I would have liked to see more split-screen shots. Edwards took sips from his mug quite often; Cheney was a camel by comparison. I don't believe there was a clear winner. (I also don't particularly care about your politics; I will not let that influence my judgement about the quality of the debate.)

I still don't like either candidate. I still don't hate either candidate enough to vote for either one. I still don't hate both candidates enough to vote for Nader. At least there are plenty of local propositions to keep me occupied this election season.

No comments: