Monday, November 10, 2008

Maybe I was wrong to ask for stock.

I am the proud owner of a Wii. It is the first game console I've ever owned, partly because I've been put off by the prospect of paying a premium for older graphics, partly because I've been put off by the prospect of having to keep buying new games for what was sure to become obsolete.

After all, cookbooks pay off more, don't they? And stocks pay real dividends.

Now I'm reconsidering this line of thought. A video game console is indeed something every well-rounded kid should own, along with the bookshelf of good books (containing the Anne of Green Gables, Chronicles of Narnia, and Lord of the Rings series, as well a bunch of others that escape my mind at the moment).

One weekend of suffering a strained shoulder from Wii tennis, and another weekend of carpal tunnel from Williams Pinball is downright embarrassing. Definitely something that could have been averted had I bothered to play my friends' consoles earlier in life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a Game Cube that my dad rejected (in favor of his Wii) if you want to start off slower.