Saturday, June 19, 2004

Recently, on a street near my place of employment, they installed an electric sign that for a while displayed the speed limit along that road. The other morning, I discovered it also tells you the speed at which you are driving. I have not yet figured out the algorithm for this sign, so I do not know if it tells you your speed only at certain times or if you have exceeded the speed limit, as California drivers are wont to do.

This sign is incredibly fun. It will take a lot of willpower not to go and play with it this weekend. To avoid playing with the sign this afternoon, I took a nap.

Now, I feel guilty for taking a nap and I don't know why. I purposely left my calendar empty this weekend to make up for last weekend. I didn't miss any prior commitments. I still intend to clean the bathroom tonight. I'd hate to think it's societal pressure making me feel guilty for taking a nap.

No comments: