Thursday, February 08, 2007

chassis #4, disk #2, battery #1

It took three sanitizing wipes to get chassis #4 up to speed. The wipes came up disturbingly yellow after sweeping between the keys. I think #3 only required two wipes, but #2 required many more. Many, many more. The previous owner of #4 was hairy and balding, but not as badly as #2. #4 is clearly Asian, probably male, and did not like pastry. Still undecided about whether #4 will require vacuuming.

Which leads me to the following questions.

1. What is the TCO of Apple notebooks? What would be the IT implications?
2. Most of my coworkers have lush heads of hair. So why do I keep getting the chassis that belonged to the balding ones?
3. How has my battery managed to stay intact while everything else has broken down at least once?

Aw hell. #4's display has the flickering lines problem. Not as bad as #2, but #3 managed not to have it. This is a bad omen.

No comments: