Friday, February 02, 2007

rambling about winter

Winter quarter has always been my worst quarter. I feel a compelling need to nap all day long for no apparent reason. It's not like I'm getting less sleep (if anything, I sleep less in the summer), or I'm not sleeping as well (sleeping is more difficult in warm weather). It's not the weather, since I feel this urge to nap even in sunny weather. Even more disturbing is the lack of tolerance to cold. The weather is downright balmy compared to the winters I grew up with, and yet it's freezing. Or I think it's freezing. Other people are out in t-shirts and shorts. Not me. The only reason I'm not in the wooly sweaters is it would just look strange next to the t-shirts. I wonder if we'd be more productive if we could figure out a way to relocate everybody to Australia during the winter months.

No comments: