Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can't wait! Ramblings from a rumbling tummy.

For the first time in two years, I'm actually having a real Thanksgiving, hopefully one as enjoyable as six years ago when we had an all-girls dinner. The negotiations class is all but done--all that needs to be done is to print out the project writeup, reformat the diary, and read the last articles and case. The marketing class is also all but done--all that needs to be done is present the project and read three more articles for the final.

No accounting project to stress over.

No management paper to stress over.

No marketing project to stress over.

Only one final. You either know it or you don't.

So I get to cook a lovely meal for three dear friends. Two girls and a guy who's recovering from Lasik surgery, so it's almost an all-girls dinner. I'm truly excited about the prospect of cooking a full menu.
  • green salad (from a bag of course)
  • either mango-shrimp or potato salad (C's secret recipe)
  • roast turkey breast (hope there's enough meat; Trader Joe's didn't sell the full breast)
  • cranberry-orange sauce (orange = triple sec, not juice)
  • buttermilk mashed potatoes
  • green beans
  • corn
  • pumpkin pie (C's secret recipe)
  • apple-cranberry pie

I am debating whether to make the sauce as is, or do a cranberry-orange relish with the addition of triple sec. After all, I was rather proud of myself for finding the triple sec, so I might as well use it. I am secretly hoping B will bring cranberry juice just so we can have a mixer.

As for green beans and corn...I wonder if there is anything else that should be done with them besides a little dab of butter. Green bean casserole is evil and unhealthy anyways.

Also, there is no bread. I figure we don't need it, what with the potatoes and pie and the fact that there are only four of us.

It sounds like a lot, but the more I think about it, the more I realize the most involved dish will be the pie.

No comments: