Monday, November 12, 2007

Eeeeeewwwww.

I moved into my new cubicle today. Previously it was filled with old equipment and was configured as a two-person cube.

The previous owner left:
  • one reusable heating pack in a thin pseudo-cloth sleeve
  • one wooden pencil with a broken lead
  • one retractable red pen with about 1/3 of the ink left
  • one container paper clips
  • one ancient KVM switch, the kind that requires a power supply (power supply not included)
  • two power cables
  • one paper holder
  • two very dusty cubicle coat hooks
  • one dusty can Dr. Pepper, about 1/3 full, on the far top corner of the overhead bin
  • one dusty can Dr. Pepper, unopened, next to the other can (but still in a location that I could barely reach even while kneeling on the desk)
  • one cable lock with no key

I have gone over the desk six times with Clorox Disinfecting wipes. It is now to the point where you can barely make out the perfect brown handprint on the wipe.

The cabinet still has sticky splotches on the vertical surfaces. I found these on the desk drawers too, and was stymied until I discovered the previous owner's affinity for Dr. Pepper.

No comments: