Sunday, July 18, 2004

I purchased a dress this weekend.  The good thing about it is it's long enough that I can wear sandals with it, so I don't need to purchase shoes.  The bad thing about it is it requires that I figure out how to use sunless tanner, since there's no way the farmers tan is disappearing before K's wedding.  This dress would look nice with a nicely shaped straw hat, but the odds of finding one are very slim and decreasing with every store I visit.  I hope K appreciates all this effort.
 
I have also thought about whether this Thursday's event (the one requiring cake and water for 600 people) will be a success.  Our original intent was to foster cross-company networking among 100 or so people.  Now that the attendee list has ballooned to 600, we've abandoned all hope of having an ice-breaker and have split the evening up into two rotating sessions just so we can actually give everybody a chance to listen to the keynote.  Which will be given twice.  There will be 300 people touring the visitors center at a time, which makes me wonder how much everyone will actually get out of it.
 
This reminds me.  I still need to go get the cake knives, garbage bags, and paper towels I was supposed to get last weekend.  Let's hope I remember to purchase these items before Thursday.

No comments: