Thursday, July 08, 2004

My network went down last night, so I was unable to share this tidbit of wisdom.

I have a new rule. If you want me to plan food for your event, I shall require:
* $2 per head if serving beverages only
* $3 per head if serving light snacks only
* $10 per head for lunch
* heaven help you if you are serving dinner

If you are not willing to pony up for delivery, then I shall require that you volunteer your time and your car to help transport the goods. And no one in the party will be allowed to complain about the fact that the food is from Costco.

I am currently trying to provide beverages and light refreshments for 400 people while spending a dollar a head. Food costs more than this, folks. We planned for 100 people, I think, and it has rapidly ballooned. I am so sick and tired of making one loaf of bread feed forty, turning water into wine, and so forth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

<giggle> I'm sorry you've been having such a spate of trouble in this area. It sounds like you need to stop volunteering for these things--or if you're not volunteering, skip the planning meetings, maybe.

koalabear100 said...

Trouble is, I love shopping for food, and all these purchases (reimbursed of course) have really brought in the credit card reward points.

Thank goodness the capacity of the event building is 600. We're at 428 now, plus 140 waitlisted until we decide if we're truly insane enough to get cake and bottled water for them, too.

Unknown said...

Were you able to wrangle any more money for refreshments?

koalabear100 said...

A little more. I think it now stands at $550 to feed 600. Although we haven't quite reached 600 people yet.