Wednesday, September 01, 2004

To sleep, perchance to dream.

I think I may have sleep apnea. This will likely go unconfirmed since it's costly (both in money and time) to visit a sleep clinic.

I say this because last night I had the strangest dream. For some reason, I was idly milling about in a corner of a swimming pool. It was a bright, sunny day and the water was a brilliant shade of blue thanks to the pool. I was bobbing up and down with my eyes open. Once in a while, I'd duck low enough for the water to come over my head as this is very refreshing on a hot day.

Normally when you submerge yourself underwater, you hold your breath. Otherwise your sinuses fill up with chlorinated water. When I hold my breath underwater, the sensation I get is of water in my nose that stops just short of the sinuses.

Interestingly enough, in my dream, I was holding my breath properly and the water was stopping short of my sinuses. And I could feel this happening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think that's sleep apnea, but it is a rather odd dream. Also it made me want to go swimming.