Thursday, September 30, 2004

What do normal people do?

After repeated pleas for help with the donation drive, more people are gradually signing on to do stuff. But they are signing on for the trivial tasks, like putting up posters. No one is signing on to coordinate things like getting collection bins from the charities, which we need for there to be a need to put up posters.

I am sure if I asked them to take on something bigger, they would say they don't have time due to work commitments. I would tell them I understand. I would also be thinking that I have 10x more work than they do. And I will still probably be stuck with the bigger tasks.

I now have so much work that it is pushing out social commitments. I have to rearrange my classes and still skip some to boot.

I now have so much work that I don't get enough sleep. This is because I insist on squeezing in a little reading or television, anything to keep my sanity.

Hell, I now have so much work I didn't do the dishes this morning. Keep this up and the drain will get slimy and there will be a layer of filth covering the floors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor M. How do you end up coordinating all these things? Don't let work interfere with the rest of your life. I've been doing the neglecting-the-dishes thing and it's no fun. Tell your boss you've got too much for one person.