Saturday, August 14, 2004

At one point, a couple of friends and I figured out vacation strategies. We determined that if we were to take one three-day weekend every month, we would use up 5 vacation days for the months that don't already have three-day weekends. Assuming one obligatory week between Christmas and New Years, that leaves one week of vacation to play with. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Then why do we feel fried all the time?

I mention this because I am in the middle of a Sanity Weekend, and it's great. During a Sanity Weekend, I have decided, you are not allowed to travel. Not even a road trip, unless it's spontaneous and less than a day (like going to Santa Cruz). I got contact lenses yesterday. I can't even remember the last time I had clear peripheral vision. Today, I baked banana bread (with dried apricots and chocolate chips) and made sushi (tuna roll). For some reason, making sushi is much easier than I remember. This means the next dinner I host will have to be a sushi night. (I also did a little job fishing. Shh...it's a secret.)

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds extremely pleasant. So does the food. If you were available to get together for Thanksgiving this year, I would request sushi. :) How are you liking the contact lenses?

koalabear100 said...

Ooh, we can't have sushi at Thanksgiving, since I've already booked that up. But we can have sushi some other time.

See next post about the contacts.